Annual Packraft Race
2021 Information will be provided shortly.
Below is the 2019 information.
Up & Over Course
- Difficulty: Advanced
- Hiking & Elevation Gain/Loss: 6.5 miles; +3,200’/-2,750′; off-trail route finding skills needed
- Packrafting section: 10.5 miles; Class III+ (water level dependent), mandatory portage
- Entry Fee: $75/person
Z Rock Down Course
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hiking & Elevation Gain/Loss: 5 miles; +735’/-255′; Trail hiking
- Packrafting section: 5 miles; Class III (water level dependent)
- Entry Fee: $50/person
KWG requires each participant have the following equipment:
- River Worthy Packraft
- 1 or 2 Piece Drysuit
- PFD (Type III or IV)
- Personal First Aid Kit
Everyone is a winner, but if we had to pick just one every year, the award goes to:
- 2019 – Galen Johnston
- 2018 – Galen Johnston
- 2017 – Galen Johnston
- 2016 – Chris Erickson
- 2015 – Rob Whitney
- 2014 – Killian Sump
- 2013 – Luc Mehl
The clinic has been a huge success the last five years and fills up fast, so make sure to contact us sooner than later
- Difficulty: Novice to Moderate.
- Hiking & Elevation Gain/Loss: Novice: No hiking needed. Intermediate: 5 miles; +735’/-255′; Trail hiking
- Packrafting section: Novice: Flatwater practice area. Intermediate: 3.5 miles; Class III (water level dependent)
- Entry Fee: FREE
Meet at 11am at the swimming hole to learn fundamentals of packrafting and practice skills. This is free, no gear is needed and everyone is welcome. At 1pm, Intermediate and Advanced boaters will run McCarthy creek from “The Goods” rapids down. This is also free, some experience is necessary. Please bring all your own gear.