Ice Climbing Trips Overview
Let KWG show you the ropes!
All of our ice climbing trips are priced for the 2019 season and include:
- Experienced, friendly, knowledgable guides!
- Small or custom client to guide ratios.
- Round-trip transportation from your local lodging to where we begin our hike.
- A full array of medical, communications, and technical gear to be prepared for any number of potential surprises.
- Any technical, or glacier gear required for the hike. For further suggestions on gear you will want to bring from home (this will most likely help you pack for your whole Alaskan vacation!) please visit our Trip Planning Page for a gear list.
- Backpacks and extra layers if you forgot anything or couldn’t fit it in your luggage!
- Our day trips include a light snack, however, we recommend bringing or ordering a larger lunch. If you would like us to arrange a lunch for you, we are happy to do so. The cost is $15/person. Contact us for more details on lunch options.
Never been on a glacier? Never been in a harness? Don’t worry, you will be in good company!
Both are new experiences for many of our guests, we welcome you to surprise yourself with talents you don’t even know you have!
Group vs. Private? What is right for you?
Group trips are available for our Half-Day Glacier Hike, Full-Day Glacier Hike and Ice Climbing to help make your vacation more affordable and introduce you other travelers. You may be grouped with up to 6 people per guide for hiking and 4 people per guide for climbing.
Private trips insure that you will have your own private guide to go at exactly the pace that you and your party choose as well as customize your trip every step of the way. This is the preferred choice if you have any health issues, want to move at your pace, are traveling with children under 8, or want to bring your dog.
Alaska Residents, and active military personnel (including their family) will get a $5/person discount on any of our day hikes or ice climbs. Please present valid ID at the time of final payment in our office to receive discounts.
KWG believes that smaller is better and quality counts. We keep our group ratios low so you can enjoy your day without the hustle and bustle of a large group.
Because we value the importance of individualized attention, our private guide prices are affordable and encouraged.