Packrafting in Alaska
Guided Trips in The Packraft Capital of Alaska!
Packrafts are inflatable, one-person boats that fit in a light backpack. We take them on small and big adventures. From scenic floats, to courses and backcountry adventures, come find out why we are Alaska’s leading packraft professionals.
Packraft on a Glacial Lake
Packraft the Wrangells
Packraft Course Level 1 & 2
KWG believes smaller is better and quality counts.
We keep our group ratios low so you can enjoy your day without the hustle and bustle of a large group. Because we value individualized attention our private guide prices are affordable and encouraged.
Compare All Packrafting Trips
Length of Trip
|No Experience Necessary|
|Glacier Lake Packraft||Easy|
4 - 5 hours
|$||Paddle your own boat in the stunning setting of a glacial lake.|
|Hike and Packraft||Medium|
6 - 8 hours
|$$||Hike in, gear up, and explore areas only accessible by packrafts.|
|Nizina Lake Fly-In||Easy|
6 - 8 hours
|$$$||A fly-in day trip at its best. A scenic flight to a lake paddle through impressive icebergs.|
|Packrafting Course Level 1||Medium|
2 days (3rd optional)
|$$||Learn and practice the foundational skills you need to have fun on the water.|
|McCarthy Creek to Kennicott River (CLII+)||Medium to Very Hard|
|$$||One nice hike, two amazing rivers!|
|Nizina River (CL II+)||Medium to Hard|
|$$$||A classic Alaskan river trip, packraft style. Great boating in an epic place. Single day or multi-day options.|
|Lakina Traverse (Class III)||Hard|
|$$||A packraft classic. World class backpacking to wilderness whitewater.|
|Up & Over (Class III+)||Hard|
|$$||Big hike, big views and some of the best whitewater in the area. Single day or overnight options.|
|Packrafting Course Level 2||Medium|
2 days (3rd optional)
|$$||Hone your skills, practice rescue techniques and gain confidence in CL III whitewater!|
Because we value the importance of individualized attention, we pair your group with a private guide for all packrafting trips.
All of our packrafting trips are priced for the 2022 season and include:
- Experienced, friendly, knowledgeable guides!
- Small or custom client to guide ratios.
- For No Experience Necessary trips all Packraft Gear is included: Packraft, paddle, drysuit, backpack, river shoes, gloves and helmet.
- Extra layers if you forgot anything or couldn’t fit it in your luggage!
- Round-trip, local transportation to where we begin our trip.
- A full array of medical, communications, and technical gear.
Does Not Include:
- Guide Gratuity (recommended 10-20% of tour cost).
- Packrafting Gear for Experience Required trips, see Packraft Rentals for rates.
- Personal clothing & gear. For further suggestions on gear you will want to bring from home (this might help you pack for your whole Alaskan vacation!) visit our Packing List Page.
- Lunch/snacks: we recommend bringing or ordering a larger lunch. If you would like us to arrange a lunch for you, we are happy to do so. The cost is $15/person. Contact us for more details on lunch options.
- Pre & Post trip lodging.
- Transportation to and from Wrangell-St. Elias National Park.
- Children 12 and under receive $20/day off of ANY of our adventures!
- Alaska Residents, and/or active military personnel (including their family) will get a $10/person discount on any of our day hikes. Please present valid ID at the time of final payment in our office to receive discounts.
Packrafting Trip Inquiry Form
*indicates a required field
"*" indicates required fields