Hiking Trips Overview
The Alaska you have been waiting for!
Within a day’s hike from your lodging you can experience the wonders of a glacier, the magic of the mountains and the history that defined the region.
Children 12 and under receive $20/day off of ANY of our adventures!
All of our day trips are priced for the 2019 season and include:
- Experienced, friendly, knowledgable guides!
- Small or custom client to guide ratios.
- Round-trip transportation from your local lodging to where we begin our hike.
- A full array of medical, communications, and technical gear to be prepared for any number of potential surprises.
- Any technical, or glacier gear required for the hike. For further suggestions on gear you will want to bring from home (this will most likely help you pack for your whole Alaskan vacation!) please visit our Trip Planning Page for a gear list.
- Backpacks and extra layers if you forgot anything or couldn’t fit it in your luggage!
- Our day trips include a light snack, however, we recommend bringing or ordering a larger lunch. If you would like us to arrange a lunch for you, we are happy to do so. The cost is $15/person. Contact us for more details on lunch options.
No experience necessary for any of our day hikes!
Group vs. Private? What is right for you?
Group trips are available for our Half-Day Glacier Hike, Full-Day Glacier Hike and Ice Climbing to help make your vacation more affordable and introduce you other travelers. You may be grouped with up to 6 people per guide for hiking and 4 people per guide for climbing.
Private trips insure that you will have your own private guide to go at exactly the pace that you and your party choose as well as customize your trip every step of the way. This is the preferred choice if you have any health issues, want to move at your pace, are traveling with children under 8, or want to bring your dog.
Alaska Residents, and/or active military personnel (including their family) will get a $10/person discount on any of our day hikes. Please present valid ID at the time of final payment in our office to receive discounts.
|Half Day Glacier Hike||Easy||4-5 hours||Walking on a glacier! See blue pools, canyons, moulins and more!|
|Full Day Glacier Hike||Easy to Moderate||7 - 8 hours||Everything the half-day has to offer just more of it!|
|Glacier's Edge Hike||Easy||4-5 hours||This hike is off the ice and focuses on geology, ecology and glaciology.|
|Donoho Lakes Hike||Moderate||8+ hours||Take the full day glacier hike and add an amazing waterfall and stunning alpine lakes.|
|Bonanza or Jumbo Mines Hike||Moderate to Hard||7 - 9 hours||Ascend nearly 4,000 feet, get some amazing views and check out some of the history of Kennecott first hand.|
|Erie Mine Hike||Hard||8-10 hours||A real Alaskan adventure! This is a strenuous hike with scrambling, route-finding and the pay off of some big views!|
|Ultra-Endurance Hikes||Hard to Very Hard||10-12+ hours||Think serious, strenuous and adventuresome.|
|Fly-In Hikes||Easy to Very Hard||8-10 hours||The plane drops you off and the 13 million acre park is your playground.|
KWG believes that smaller is better and quality counts. We keep our group ratios low so you can enjoy your day without the hustle and bustle of a large group.
Because we value the importance of individualized attention, our private guide prices are affordable and encouraged.