Alaska Hiking Trips
Guided Wrangell-St Elias Glacier Tour Hiking Trips
The Alaska you’ve been waiting for!
Within a day’s hike you can experience the wonders of a glacier, the magic of the mountains and the history that defines the region.
KWG believes smaller is better and quality counts.
We keep our group ratios low so you can enjoy your day without the hustle and bustle of a large group. Because we value individualized attention our private guide prices are affordable and encouraged.
Hiking Trip Comparison Table
Length of Trip
|Half Day Glacier Hike
|Hiking on a glacier! See blue pools, canyons, moulins and more!
|Full Day Glacier Hike
|Easy to Moderate
7 - 8 hours
|Everything the half-day has to offer, just more of it!
|Ice Explorer Climb & Hike
|Medium to Hard
7 - 9 hours
|The best of all worlds from Glacier Hiking & Ice Climbing. Great for families with mixed abilities and interests and for those who want it all.
|Easy to Very Hard
|The plane drops you off and the 13 million acre park is your playground.
|Donoho Lakes Hike
|Take the full day glacier hike and add an amazing waterfall and stunning alpine lakes.
|Glacier's Edge Hike
|This hike is off the ice and offers amazing views and excellent hiking. Focuses on geology, ecology and glaciology.
|Medium to Hard
7 - 9 hours
|If you’re looking for a guide to take you to the historic mines or a full day’s hike in the mountains let us take you up to the alpine!
All of our hiking trips are priced for the 2023 season and include:
- Experienced, friendly, knowledgeable guides!
- Small or custom client to guide ratios.
- Round-trip transportation from your local lodging to where we begin our hike.
- A full array of medical, communications, and technical gear to be prepared for any number of potential surprises.
- Any technical, or glacier gear required for the hike. For further suggestions on gear you will want to bring from home (this will most likely help you pack for your whole Alaskan vacation!) please visit our Trip Planning Page for a gear list.
- Backpacks and extra layers if you forgot anything or couldn’t fit it in your luggage!
Group vs. Private Hike? What is right for you?
Group hiking trips are available for our Half-Day Glacier Hike, Full-Day Glacier Hike and Ice Climbing to help make your vacation more affordable and introduce you other travelers. You may be grouped with up to 6 people per guide for hiking and 4 people per guide for climbing.
Private hiking trips ensure that you will have your own private guide to go at exactly the pace that you and your party choose as well as customize your trip every step of the way. This is the preferred choice if you have any health issues, want to move at your pace, are traveling with children under 8, or want to bring your dog.
- Children 12 and under receive $20/day off of ANY of our adventures!
- Alaska Residents, and/or active military personnel (including their family) will get a $10/person discount on any of our day hikes. Please present valid ID at the time of final payment in our office to receive discounts.
Hiking Trip Inquiry Form
*indicates a required field
"*" indicates required fields