Backcountry Trips Overview
The world’s largest wilderness is waiting…
Backcountry trips in the Wrangells are special.
Bush plane access, amazing destinations and a lack of trails make every trip a real adventure. No matter how big your Alaska dreams are, the Wrangells are beyond your imagination.
Look over trip types and locations and see what jumps out at you.
Get excited! Your adventure has already begun. We will contact you shortly.
Trip Prices include
All Multi-Day Trip are priced for the 2022 season.
- Unlimited pre-trip planning.
- Small ratios: 1 guide for groups up to 4 people. 2 guides for groups of 5+ (additional porters may be requested for any group size at an additional cost)
- Airfare into the backcountry (when applicable)
- Healthy, nutritious food customized to your tastes.
- Cooking gear/fuel
- Backpacking pack (if needed)
- Sleeping bag/pad combo (if needed)
- Camp Shelter: Black Diamond Mega Lite
- Technical gear: Crampons, ropes, technical climbing equipment (when traveling in glacial terrain)
- Tent (sized appropriately for your size group)
- Leave no Trace and Bear Safety education/ ethics.
- SAT phone & Delorme InReach
Trip Cost does NOT include:
- Guide Gratuity
- Day packs (for basecamping day hikes)
- Personal Clothing & Gear
- Alcohol in the backcountry
- Pre & Post trip lodging
- Transportation to and from Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
Wake up in the wild.
For those who want a wilderness adventure without carrying a heavy backpack. Comfortable camping, abundant day hikes and excellent food in remarkable locations.
Off-trail adventures in true Alaskan wilderness.
Breathtaking scenery and great off-trail hiking has made backpacking in Wrangell-St. Elias world famous. Multiple campsites, options for day hikes with lighter packs, and rewarding hiking over a variety of terrain.
Two remote locations with the adventure of a lifetime in between.
Cross glaciers, climb passes and traverse land untouched on our most committing type of backcountry trips. Getting from point A to point B has never been so rewarding.
Backcountry boating at its best
Use packrafts as they are intended. Access wild rivers, iceberg filled lakes, and wilderness whitewater. Experience and no-experience options available.