COVID-19 Announcement & Information
As of October 13, 2021
Please be sure to see updated Cancellation Policy below ↓
After a successful 2021 Covid-free season, KWG will continue to be open for business for the 2022 season (May 15 – Sept 15). We are committed to operating with the care and integrity needed to protect our guests, staff, and community to the best of our ability. We will be monitoring federal, state, and local mandates, as well as industry standards closely. If we need to change any of our thoughts in regards to our COVID practices or policies, we will notify all of our guests and post updates on our website and social media outlets.
KWG has a long history of navigating and exploring some of the most rugged terrain on Earth. We are intimately aware of our relationship with risk vs. reward. Operating a wilderness guide service in the middle of remote Alaska comes with risks that we have spent years studying and mitigating through practice and training. The rewards of sharing our home and the magic of this place during the uncertainties of COVID are worth the risk, as long as we can do so with a thoughtful and committed mindset. We will be asking a bit more of ourselves and our guests to make it work for everyone. Ultimately, we feel that if we all play our part, more good than bad will come from adventures together.
Unless we see some dramatic changes over the course of this winter in regards to the reduction of COVID cases, we will ask our guests to follow a few simple policies below. These policies are not meant to infringe on anyone’s beliefs or freedoms, but rather are in line with protecting our small and remote community that is far from any sort of hospital care.
* Masks are required while driving in our vans, flying with us in small planes, or while in our office.
* If you are joining us on a multi-day trip and have access to testing within 48 hours of your trip, it would be much appreciated.
* If you are joining us for a multi-day trip, we reserve the right to ask your vaccination status. We will not turn away or judge anyone for their choice to or not to vaccinate, nor will we share this information with anyone other than your guide and management. However, your vaccination status will result in us taking certain percautions in the case of an emergency or if we need to administer extended close patient care.
Keep dreaming your own wild dreams. These mountains are waiting to share their stories with you.
Thank you for your support and understanding,
Betsy, Jared, Monte & the rest of the KWG crew
Updated 2022 Cancellation Policy
As with many small businesses, COVID’s uncertainty has left a huge emotional and financial strain on us. The policies laid out below are meant to allow time to plan for any uncertainties while still protecting our short season.
All of our trips require a 50% deposit due in order for us to confirm your trip. In addition to the cancellation periods below are final payment timelines as well.
- Final balance is due on the day of your departure.
- Cancellation made more than 2 weeks before your trip’s departure – 50% refund of deposit already paid
- Cancellation made within 2 weeks of your trip’s departure – No refund of Deposit (except for extenuating emergency circumstances to be reviewed on a case by case basis)
Multiday & Package Trips:
- Final balance of your trip is due 30 days prior to your departure date
- Cancellation made more than 90 days before your trip’s departure – Full refund of total deposit paid minus $500 trip planning fee
- Cancellation made from 90 days to 30 days before your trip’s departure – 50% refund of total deposit made
- Cancellation made within 30 days of your trip’s departure – No refunds (except for extenuating emergency circumstances to be reviewed on a case by case basis)